2K Games today revealed its plans to release multiplayer downloadable content for the recently released BioShock 2.
Coming to the underwater first-person-shooter will be additional characters, trials and an increased level cap up to 50.
The DLC is called The Sinclair Solutions Test Pack and will sell for $5 on both Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network next month.
“The fans who waited in the snow, rain and cold for the midnight launch of BioShock 2 have spoken and their message is that Rapture still has many fascinating stories to tell,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “Downloadable content is a key part of our efforts to continue to entice the fans that have made 2K a household name – we intend to deliver single and multiplayer content that respects and expands upon one of the greatest fictional worlds ever created.”
A more detailed DLC description.
- Rank Increase to level 50 with Rank Rewards
- New playable characters Louie McGraff and Oscar Calraca
- 20 new trials (some only available after a player achieves a rank of 41 or higher)
- A third weapon upgrade for each weapon
- Five additional masks (some only available after a player achieves a rank of 41 or higher)
It’s just part of 2k’s determined effort to continue to support its game post-launch.