LOS ANGELES — Microsoft is to release a line-up of fresh twists on old classics and other new titles for the Xbox 360.
- A new version of Geometry Wars will be released next month from Bizarre Creations and Activision.
- 20 years after the release of the original Galaga, Galaga Legions will be released next month on Xbox Live Arcade.
- Portal: Still Alive will be released later this year exclusively for the Xbox 360, featuring new test chambers because, as GLaDOS said, some of the test chambers were “dysfunctional”.
- Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts will follow the bear and bird in another classic adventure and will be released in the fall.
- Viva Pi±ata: Trouble in Paradise returns to Pi±ata Island and has new features that allow players to scan cards exclusive to the game to gain more pi±atas. This game will be released September 5.
- Scene It: Box Office Smash is an updated version of the 360’s Scene It game which has new quizzes and features more recent films, and also allows players to get questions based on their country of origin. Box Office Smash will be released in the fall.
- South Park will be released in 2009 for Xbox Live.
- You’re In The Movies is a new game where each player will move around as directed by the game and their movements will be recorded and interwoven into a “movie”. This will be a holiday release exclusively for the Xbox 360.
Some other things to note:
- The original Banjo-Kazooie game will be released on Xbox Live Arcade exclusively.
- This year, Microsoft is focusing on making the 360’s games more kid-friendly, so more than three fourths of their games will be rated for everyone or for teens.
- A downloadable episode of Grand Theft Auto will be available on Xbox Live
- Microsoft continues to support their feature that allows players to create and share games. By the end of 2008, more than 1000 games will be available from this feature.