Get ready to put a hold on your diet — Restaurant Week is right around the corner!
For two weeks the top restaurants in and around Boston will offer prix-fixe menus ranging from about $15 (lunch) to $30 (dinner). So how will you choose where to dine? Restaurant Week is your opportunity to hit up some of the most popular, and most expensive, places in the city. Check out Blast’s list of the best of the best and some of the mouth-watering dishes they’ll be offering.
Beacon Hill Bistro:
Nestled in the middle of Charles Street, Beacon Hill Bistro offers so much more than a charming atmosphere. Opt for a window seat and enjoy the view of passers-by while you indulge.
– Butternut Squash Velout¨ with graham masala, pomegranate and argan oil
– Lentil and Farro Burger with baby spinach, spiced yogurt and red pepper salad
– Spiced Chocolate Cake with valrhona chocolate mousse, teach poached Asian pears and dulche de leche
25 Charles St., Boston, (617) 723–7575 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (617) 723–7575 end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (617) 723–7575 end_of_the_skype_highlighting, beaconhillhotel.com
Prepare to be amazed by The Beehive’s impressive list of wines and champagnes. Their food has been taken to the next level by Executive Chef Rebecca Newell and their classic jazz club atmosphere hits all the right notes.
– Candied Garlic Spareribs
– Irish Lamb Stew
– Butterscotch Pudding with Pretzel Praline
541 Tremont St., Boston, (617) 423-0069, beehiveboston.com
Osteria is Latin for guest, and Bina Osteria certainly takes care of theirs. This modernly decorated restaurant is located in vibrant Downtown Crossing, where you can also indulge in a little shopping before you indulge in a delicious meal.
– Tuna Bocconcini Sicilian style (ricotta, red onion, lemon, basil) with a small salad
– Wild Boar Goulash three cheese poletna
581 Washington St., Boston, (617) 956-0888, binaboston.com
Once the Charles Street Jail, Clink resides on the lobby level of The Liberty Hotel; the original jail cells now act as the perfect dining setting.
– Roasted Beet and Mozzarella Salad with Arugula and White Balsamic
– Port Clyde Monkfish Sandwich with Turmeric, Dill, Cilantro, and New Potato Salad
– Frozen Lemon Souffle with Cake Crumbles and Young Coconut Water
215 Charles St., Boston, (617) 224-4004, clinkrestaurant.com
Enjoy the view of the Charles River and Boston’s skyline while you experience Italian cuisine like you’ve never seen before.
– Semplice: seasonal greens, cucumber yogurt, red wine vinaigrette
– Merluzzo: baked cod "oreganata,” green bean salad
– Panna Cotta: vanilla, passion fruit, banana caramel
5 Cambridge Parkway, Cambridge, (617) 497-4200, restaurantdante.com
Whether you choose the dining room or the Ann Corio lounge and porch at this upscale Fenway eatery, you’ll enjoy the ideal backdrop for your dining experience.
– Spring Dug Parsnip soup: curry cr¨me fraiche
– Crispy Confit Duck Leg with lentils, roasted shallot, braised greens
528 Commonwealth Ave., Boston, (617) 532-9100, easternstandardboston.com
This South End favorite has a romantic feel and swoon-worthy food to accompany it.
– Braised Red Onion Tartlette with Thyme Cr¨me Fraiche and Banyuls Syrup
– Smoky Braised Beef Brisket with Ratatouille Stuffed Cabbage Leaves and Sauce Braisage
– Chocolate Ganache Tartlette with Peanut Butter Mousse and Caramel a la Cr¨me
All meals come with a complementary glass of Merlot Chateau Abaye de Sainte-Ferme ’04 Bordeaux or Sauvignon Blend, Reserve St. Martin ’08 Languedoc
560 Harrison Ave., Boston, (617) 422-0224, gaslight560.com
At 5,000 square feet, Grafton offers its patrons the cozy atmosphere of an Irish pub as well as the amenities of a full service restaurant.
– Fish Tacos: Local Cod, Shaved Cabbage, Fresh Tomato Salsa, Smoked Chili Cream
– Guajillo Statler Chicken
– Mexican Chocolate Sauce, Kiwi Brulee
1230 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, (617) 497-0400, graftonstreetcambridge.com
This steakhouse is one of the fanciest on Tremont. Don’t leave without first tucking into one of their superior steaks.
– Slice of Ice: Iceburg Lettuce, Point Reyes Blue Cheese, Lardons (small pieces of thick cut bacon), and Fried Onions
– 10 oz NY Strip, Chantenay Carrots, and Mushroom Ragout
– Espresso Ice Cream, Chocolate Brownie, and Dark Chocolate Sauce
90 Tremont St., Boston, (617) 772-0202, koprimeboston.com
The main dining room and lounge are located on the first floor while the Ober and Camus rooms are on the second. The third floor is home to six private dining rooms; the JFK room is the most sought after.
– Fresh Pea and Spinach Soup with Coconut Milk and Curry
– Crusted Broiled Schrod with Crab Butter and Steamed New Potatoes
– Strawberry Pavlova
3 Winter St., Boston, (617) 542-1340, lockeober.com
Mare is Boston’s first restaurant to have all organic and/or all-natural ingredients. The majority of the menu consists of seafood from both the U.S. and Italy.
– Grilled Octopus Genovese Pesto, Potato Mousse
– Chicken Under the Brick, Gorgonzola Potatoes, and Brussels Sprouts
– Apple Bread Pudding with Apple Caramel Sauce
135 Richmond St., Boston, (617) 723-MARE (6273), marenatural.com
Petit Robert Bistro:
Ever notice that the majority of bistros are rather upscale and expensive? Petit Robert is a true Bistro in both cost and atmosphere.
– Shrinp and Lobster Macaronis and Cheese
– Soup du Jour with Shrimps
– Fillet of Sole Bonne Femme
480 Columbus Ave., Boston, (617) 867-0600, petitrobertbistro.com
If a romantic and elegant ambiance is what you’re looking for then Pigalle is the restaurant for you.
– Cream of Turnip Soup, Spiced Almonds, Smokey Paprika Foam, and Turnip Pickles
– Steamed Littleneck Clams, Braised Fennel, Fish Fumet (stock used to add flavor), Pernod and Romesco Crouton
– Classic Vanilla Cr¨me Brulee
75 Charles St., South Boston, (617) 423-4944, pigalleboston.com
Rialto specializes in Italian cuisine with a New England twist.
– Radicchio-Artichoke Salad, Dates, Almonds, and Celery
– Three Cheese Ravioli, Roasted Tomatoes, Green Herb Sauce
– Chocolate Espresso Torta with Strawberries and Cream
1 Bennett St., Cambridge, (617) 661-5050, rialto-restaurant.com
Ruth’s Chris Steak House:
When you visit Ruth’s Chris Steak House be sure to visit Curley, their upscale bar named after the late Boston mayor, James Michael Curley.
– Crab and Corn Chowder
– Filet with Garlic Mashed Potatoes
– Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce
45 School St., Boston, (617) 742-8401, ruthschris.com
Top of the Hub:
Top of the Hub offers a classy and romantic setting with the live jazz music and an unbeatable view.
– Crispy Westphalian Ham
– Grilled Colorado 12oz Lamb Chop, Roasted Garlic, Calamata Olives Sauce, Spinach and Goat Cheese Lasagna
– Cherry Napoleon, Kirsch Brandy Anglaise
800 Boylston St., Boston, (617) 536-1775, topofthehub.net
Toro boasts authentic Spanish-style tapas right here in Boston. Once you step inside you will feel as if you’re in Spain.
– Aceitunas: Marinated Olives in Bay Leaf, Lemon and Spices
– Queso Mahon: Marinated Cow’s Milk Cheese from Menorca
– Uni Bocadillo: Pressed Uni Sandwich with Miso Butter and Pickled Mustard Seeds
1704 Washington St., Boston, (617) 536-4300, toro-restaurant.com
Tratorria Il Panino:
Tratorria Il Panino is a favorite North End spot for it’s cozy outdoor area and tantalizing Italian fare. Be prepared to wait at peak times, especially as locals who know the owners are often allowed to cut.
– Caesar Della Casa
– Linguine Puttanesca
– Limoncello Sorbetto
11 Parmenter St., Boston, (617) 720-1336, trattoriailpanino.com
Tremont647 takes advantage of locally grown ingredients, allowing them to constantly change their menu and keep up with what’s fresh.
– Famous Lobster Mac â€˜n’ Cheese with Ritz Cracker Topping and Chives
– Rock Shrimp Black Truffle Risotto, Roasted Garlic Puree, and Baby Spinach, Fresh Oregano, and Shaved Parmesan (Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday ONLY)
– Chocolate Marquise, Cocoa Meringues, Blackberry Merlot Sauce
647 Tremont St., Boston, (617) 266-4600, tremont647.com
Upstairs on the Square:
Are you craving more than your traditional dining out experience? Upstairs on the Square exudes hospitality and cheerfulness to provide you with a dinner party feel.
– Maple Sugar Custard, Giant Asparagus, Sauce Gribiche
– Toasted Barely and Mushroom Soup with Green Garlic Toast
– MCD’s Meatloaf Sandwhich on Potato Bread with Sliced Pepper Dressing and Sweet Potato Chips
91 Winthrop St., Cambridge, (617) 864-1933, upstairsonthesquare.com