I’ve started dating again fairly recently and am on a few dating websites – I subscribe to the ‘don’t put all your eggs in one basket’ theory. Anyway, there’s a weird thing that has happened a few times and I just don’t get it.
A guy will contact me, we’ll go through the site’s email or process, then we email outside the site. A few emails will be exchanged, he’ll ask for my number, I give it to him and then…. he poofs. He disappears and I never hear from him again. I understand how hard it is to pick up the phone and call someone. I actually (for the first time) called a guy I met a while back to ask him out and it was nerve wracking! So I get that. But why even ask?
Any thoughts or ideas?
Wondering in the Bay Area
- 41 seconds: You can’t get emotionally invested in someone you meet through email on an online dating site. Why? Tune in to hear more.
- 1:07: What are women (and maybe men too) really good at doing that they shouldn’t do when it comes to online dating.
- 1:19: How many emails should be exchanged before you meet up for the first time? Remember the goal of online dating is to meet up IN PERSON!
- 1:54: Why do people do online dating? It’s not always to find a relationship. Remember that.
- 2:17: Just because someone emails you or asks for your number doesn’t mean he/she will call you. Actions speak louder than words.
- 2:44: Why does a person who you meet online ask for your number and then vanish? And what to do about it.
- 3:10: Don’t analyze, get emotionally attached to anyone you’re emailing with, and please don’t take the fact that he/she never called personally.