SNK Playmore announced Friday the development of SNK Arcade Classics: Volume 1 underway for PlayStation 2 and PSP.
The collection will feature the following quarter-per-play classics:
- ART OF FIGHTING – The first game in SNK’s second fighting-game franchise, set in the same universe as FATAL FURY.
- BASEBALL STARS 2 – The sequel to SNK’s popular baseball arcade game.
- BURNING FIGHT – New York detectives battle organized crime in this fighter.
- FATAL FURY – First released in 1991, FATAL FURY introduced the two-plane fighting system.
- KING OF FIGHTERS ’94 – The first game in the popular KING OF FIGHTERS series.
- KING OF THE MONSTERS – In KING OF THE MONSTERS, giant monsters fight for power in epic battles.
- LAST RESORT – A challenging futuristic shooter.
- MAGICIAN LORD – Players help the wizard Elta save his homeworld in this platformer.
- METAL SLUG – Known for its humor and fast- moving gameplay, this run-and-gun side-scroller was the first in the popular series.
- NEO TURF MASTERS – A golf game which debuted on the Neo Geo Pocket Color in 1999.
- SAMURAI SHODOWN – Set in the 18th century, SAMURAI SHODOWN features bladed-weapon combat and an international cast of characters.
- SENGOKU – In SENGOKU, players face off against undead feudal Japanese armies.
- SHOCK TROOPERS – In this run-and-gun adventure, players save a scientist and his granddaughter from the Bloody Scorpions.
- SUPER SIDEKICKS 3 – A soccer game featuring teams from all over the world.
- TOP HUNTER – Bounty hunters protect colonists from space pirates in this futuristic action game.
- WORLD HEROES – This classic fighter pits players against historical figures in a tournament enabled by time travel.
“With 16 of our most beloved games, SNK Arcade Classics: Volume 1 is a must-have addition to any arcade fan’s collection,” said Ben Herman, president of SNK Playmore USA. “It’s the most comprehensive SNK compilation to date.”
The collection will be available in a few months.
Leave a Reply