Japan’s defining audio manufacturer, today announced it is expanding its sound bar lineup with two premium options, the DHT-S516H and DHT-S716H. Optimized with Denon’s century-long legacy of creating great-sounding home theater and high resolution listening products, the latest sound bars combine 4K HDMI inputs with ARC support, class-leading DSP processing, amplification and Hi-Res capabilities with the ease-of-use and form factor of a sound bar.
Building on the great features found in the HEOS Bar and HEOS HomeCinema HS2 sound bars, the latest Denon sound bars both share several sound quality and connectivity improvements. Featuring exceptional Class-D amplification across a variety of performance-tuned drivers, both sound bars provide the ultimate home theater experience TVs can’t deliver on their own. Additionally, the DHT-S716H and DHT-S516H ship with the latest version of HEOS Built-in music streaming and voice control (Amazon Echo or Google Home speaker required). The DHT-S716H pairs with the Denon DSW-1H (sold separately), while the DHT-S516H ships with a wireless subwoofer. With the ability to support DSD (2.8, 5.6 MHz), FLAC, WAV, ALAC (192/24), MP3, WMA and AAC (USB/Network) on both sound bars, consumers can experience Hi-Res content quickly and easily.
“Denon is known for its best-in-class A/V receivers and Hi-Fi components. We’ve built-in many of the capabilities found in our award-winning AVRs including 4K support, Dolby and DTS surround sound decoding, multiple digital and analog inputs and wireless music streaming, but with the convenience of a sound bar,” said Michael Greco, senior director, Denon brand management. “Most sound bars are designed for TV playback and are often underwhelming when streaming music. Denon’s legacy in Hi-Fi ensures these sound bars deliver both an immersive surround sound and amazing two-channel musical listening experience.”
More than just sound bars, both the DHT-S516H and DHT-S716H allow users to experience wireless, whole-home audio with HEOS Built-in. The DHT-S516 also allows greater compatibility with AirPlay 2. When paired alongside other HEOS Built-in AV receivers, sound bars and speakers, users can play the same song everywhere or select different songs for each connected room. HEOS Built-in also enables access to music from several major streaming services, including Amazon Music, Spotify Premium and free, Pandora, TIDAL, TuneIn Internet Radio, and others, for limitless listening.
For the ultimate ease-of-use, both sound bars support major voice assistant platforms, including Google, Amazon and Josh.ai. Advanced HDMI 2.0b inputs allow for features like Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), which dramatically improves the gaming experience when in use. As an added benefit, the DHT-S716H can leverage HEOS speakers, including the HEOS 1, HEOS 3 and HEOS 5 as rear channels for immersive surround sound.
“Although Denon’s presence in the custom channel is very strong when it comes to electronics, we’re also seeing a hunger from integrators to access more premium sound bars for other areas of the home away from a dedicated theater or entertainment space,” said Paul Belanger, category director for Custom Integration at Sound United. “These two new sound bars are designed to easily fit into any job where a dedicated third-party control system or multiple zones are required. HEOS Built-in makes installing these into a bedroom, guest room or other areas with a TV simple without sacrificing compatibility with other areas of the home or running wires.”
· Low-profile design and wall-mountable: At two-inches tall, the DHT-S516H fits most spaces and won’t block a TV’s bottom edge or IR remote sensor
· Supports Popular Surround Formats: Supports Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS decoding for an immersive surround sound experience.
· Denon Dialogue Enhancer: Improves dialogue intelligibility — ideal for movies and TV shows with complex audio soundtracks
· Effortless Connectivity: Users have access to HDMI with Audio Return Channel, an Optical digital audio input, Bluetooth built-in and 3.5mm auxiliary input
· Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio: Users will experience immersive, room-filling, lossless home theater sound with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio surround sound decoding.
· Latest HD Compatibility: Four HDMI inputs with 4K Ultra HD pass through, HDR, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby Vision (HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2), plus ARC support ensure the DHT-S716H can support the latest content available.
· Optional 5.1 Expansion: Add the DSW-1H wireless subwoofer and surround speakers to create a 5.1 listening environment.
· Deep Bass: Add powerful bass to the Denon DHT-S716H sound bar for a truly complete immersive experience.
· Custom Drivers: Dual custom 5.25” drivers and sophisticated high-power Class-D amplification work together to deliver a rich, dynamic bass.
· Easy Set Up: Simply plug the DSW-1H subwoofer into a wall outlet, then pair with the DHT-S716H sound bar via Wi-Fi.
The DHT-S516H ($599), DHT-S716H ($899) and DSW-1H ($599) is currently available via authorized Denon retailers. For more information please visit.