Traditions are an integral part the holiday season. Trimming the tree, spending time with family, last minute shopping, and arguing for religious validation through corporate advertising are just some of the things we all put up with with this time of year. But what do these traditions have in common? They all suck.
The undue stress we put ourselves through completely takes a crap on what should be a joyful time of year. We want to put the awesome back in Xmas, 8Bit Proof style. While it may be tough to recapture the joy of unwrapping a brand new game console while wearing footy pajamas, we’ve done our part to make this season bright. So spike the eggnog, throw on an ugly sweater, and go wassail your ass off. It’s time for some new traditions. This episode features:
• Roger and Handsome Joe’s cook-off featuring traditional holiday cuisine.
• A traditional holiday game featuring nouns, adjectives, and of course, liquor.
• A traditional End of the Year Round Up regarding the best, worst and most surprising of 2012.
• A brief, uncomfortable discussion on how to traditionally fit objects into Susi.
• A FAP discussion regarding our newly coined, yet very traditional phrase “Anger Bacon”.
• Information on how anyone can traditionally win a free month of PlayStation Plus and a copy of Sid Meier’s Civilization V. (Seriously, there is like no competition. Just enter and you’re likely to win.)
If booze, games, and good eats don’t sound like great holiday traditions, well bah humbug to you, sir. Get with the program and join in on the festivities via Facebook, Twitter, or in the comment section below. Listener responses are always welcome and will be read on the air!
(WARNING: Explicit language, NSFW)
Leave a Reply