Building off of her last column, Neely delves into the beginning stages of dating someone. Should the woman pursue the man or vice versa? Tune in!
- 1:10 – What can happen when you pursue a man too much? Learn from my mistakes.
- 1:40 – I say go for it if you want to make the initial approach, but for many women, the pursuit should end there. But it does, of course, depend on the dynamic you are looking for in the beginning stages of dating someone.
- 2:05 – Often times, if a man is looking for a fling or booty call, he won’t mind if you always initiate texts, invites, etc. It just depends what you are looking for.
- 2:25 – Why can it be hard for the modern-day woman to sit back and receive?
- 2:51 – Many men like actively doing vs. feeling/emoting in the beginning, which is why they appreciate getting to pursue a bit at first as a way to show a woman he likes her.
- 3:20 – In the very beginning stages of dating, don’t overdo it at first as far as initiating plans, texts, phone calls. Give the man breathing room, just as he should give you a little space too.
- 3:30 – BUT, most importantly, what question should a woman ask herself about dating? Tune in. What type of person are you? If you like to be in charge, then maybe a laid back man with more Beta qualities is better for you, BUT then don’t criticize him for allowing you to steer the ship.
- 4:10 – A lot of women want the opposite – they complain that not enough men take charge anymore! So that’s fine, but if you want the man to steer the ship a bit more in the beginning, you have to be comfortable with sitting back and letting him do it! Tune in for more of my thoughts on this.