Question: I have been dating a guy for 4 months that I met online. I recently asked him if he was still fishing online or possibly seeing others to keep his options open or if he just wanted to focus on me, so I knew exactly where we stood with each other. He said he was good with just seeing me. But I found out he is still very much active on the dating site we met on. I never renewed my membership once it expired and told him that but my girlfriend told me that she had seen his profile. Should I give him time to take it down or really take his words as trash. We see each other often, at least 2 times a week considering our schedules, and talk and text every day. Just don’t know if he is full of it or what to think. I was going to bring up the website again but don’t want to keep talking about it.
Submit your dating/relationship questions to [email protected]
- 36 seconds: Tune in to find out what a good rule of thumb is before deciding to take down your profile and/or to have the definining the relationship conversation (aka the DTR)
- 1:18: What do women do far too often with online dating that they shouldn’t?
- 1:58: How is this reader’s situation different?
- 2:20: Give a person the benefit of the doubt the first time around, but be wary if it happens again. Like George W. Bush once brilliantly said: “There’s an old saying in Tennessee — I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can’t get fooled again.” —
- 2:40: How to confront the person you’re seeing about their profile still being active after you’ve had a DTR.
- 3:06: A good man will respect that you’re looking for honest answers.
- 3:20: What to do if he doesn’t take his profile down but still wants to see you.
- 3:34: One of the most important things to remember about dating. Tune in!