Review be damned, Gearbox is bringing us more Duke Nukem Forever in the form of the Hail to the Icons DLC pack landing on Xbox Live and PSn this fall. The content, which adds four new multiplayer maps and three new multiplayer modes puts Duke modern day shooting classic like Call of Duty and Team Fortress 2.
The Hail to icons pack will include:
• Three All-New Modes – Freeze Tag provides some of the most fun team gameplay in Duke Nukem Forever. Players cooperate to freeze and shatter their opponents in succession for huge point streaks and combos. See who can hold on to the babe the longest in Hot Potato and play free-for-all Duke style in Hail to the King.
– Call of Duke – Duke engages in modern combat in a war-torn city. Foes don’t stand a chance against the Duke when he spams the map with the N00b T00b.
– Sandbox – Players take the role of mini-Duke in a giant sandbox with two bases at either end made out of children’s toys. This map features Sticky Bombs.
– Inferno – Time machine engage! Duke does combat in a hellish landscape of lava and teleporters. Who turned on the 16-bit graphics, and more importantly, where did this DFG come from?
– 2Forts1Bridge – Hats? Duke doesn’t need no stinking hats. Give him a minigun and he’ll beat off all comers.
Members of the First Access club will get the content free when it launches, a price for the rest of us has not been revealed.