State Fire Marshal Stephen D. Coan and Brockton Fire Chief Richard C. Francis said Thursday that the cause of this morning’s fatal fire in Brockton was electrical n nature.

The fire at 4 Northfield St. broke out in the second floor behind a stove. Cords from several other electrical appliances were near the stove, and fire investigators believe one of the cords got pinched and sparked the fire.

Several people were rescued, but one woman, who was pulled from a bathroom was later pronounced dead at Brockton Hospital.

The victim’s name was not released pending notification of family.

The fire remains under investigation by Coan’s office and Plymouth District Attorney Timothy Cruz’s Officel

Electrical fires have caused five, or one-third, of the 15 fire deaths so far this year in Massachusetts, Coan said.

About The Author

John Guilfoil is the editor-in-chief of Blast: Boston's Online Magazine and the Blast Magazine Network. He can be reached at [email protected]. Tweet @johnguilfoil.

Leave a Reply