Five children, three brothers and two sisters, died in a house fire on Monday in Citra, Fla. that fire officials believed was caused by a space heater.

Trapped inside the house at 1760 NE 182nd Place were the five children of Krista Jordan, a night-shift manager at a McDonalds restaurant, according to the St. Petersburg Times.

They were Joseph, 15; Austin, 13; Shyanne, 12; William Jr., 8; and Trenity, 6.

“My babies!” the mother cried, until firefighters carried her away. “Someone get my babies!”

Citra is about 20 miles southeast of Gainesville.

Turn to the Times for more on this story.

About The Author

John Guilfoil is the editor-in-chief of Blast: Boston's Online Magazine and the Blast Magazine Network. He can be reached at [email protected]. Tweet @johnguilfoil.

One Response

  1. Facing a New Year - This {Un}Exceptional Life

    […] It is determined that Mouse will stay home and work on the party plans but Bear wants to stay with her. We’ve let her babysit before, but not Bear. The two of them are just too competitive. But so much has changed in the last few weeks. My normal maternal fears are heightened. The world is suddenly a very scary place, where furniture tumbles, horses fall, and space heaters malfunction. […]

    Reply

Leave a Reply