Valve’s Counter Strike, one of the most popular first-person-shooters of all time, and one that remains popular despite its age, just received an “extensive” update.
Currently in the closed beta stage (all beta keys have evaporated, sorry!) the update features a slew of new features created in association with Hidden Path Studios.
According to Valve, this beta update will run for a limited time and when Valve says it’s time, the update will become available (for free) to all owners of Counter Strike: Source.
Head over to the update page at CS: Source‘s page, or read the update description below. Or both!
Features new to the beta
- 144 achievements added
- New lifetime player stats and summary screens
- New match player stats and summary screens
- New end of round display with MVP and interesting fact about a player
- Updated scoreboard with new icons, visual style, MVP stars, and avatar pictures
- New cinematic death camera
- New domination and revenge system
- Added avatar icons to voice chat, scoreboard, and end of round display
Incorporated many source engine updates
I’m scared they will mess up Counter-Strike Source. They have not updated it in a long time, which created a vast community that have taken advantage of these engine glitches like bunny hop servers, and surf servers and so on. I am afraid the source engine changes will alter these types of communities.
They will mess the whole thing up, Make a fuckin team fortress 3 or some thing..
But just look at TF2 they have surf, bhop in it. And gay achievement servers..
So you will be avaible to do all but it will suck…