Since Battlefield: Bad Company released March 2, it’s gone on to sell in excess of 2.3 million copies worldwide, Electronic Arts reports today.
That statistic covers PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 copies sold, and, with the month not yet finished, EA said it’s “on pace” to become March’s best-selling game.
EA released additional statistics also today, detailing why its game might have the upper hand on the competition.
- 81 billion points have been earned in online multiplayer sessions
- 43 million weapons and gadgets have been unlocked in online multiplayer
- Over 6 million video views on YouTube
- 2.9 million hours have been spent playing online in the last 24 hours alone
- 230k peak-concurrent-users (PCUs)
- Over 44k Twitter fans (most out of any EA title) http://twitter.com/OfficialBFBC2
Now, Pokemon HeartGold/Soul Silver released this month too, and we know why popular those are. Guess we’ll have to wait till months end to find out for sure.