What if drinking soda was useful for more than rotting and staining teeth, and instead could be used to acquire digital goods from Electronic Arts? Would you be interested?
Great, because beginning today, specially-marked 20 ounce Dr. Pepper bottles will have codes underneath their caps good for downloadable content from select Electronic Arts titles.
Downloadable content codes for EA games Spore, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Mass Effect 2, Battlefield Heroes, and The Sims 3 are hiding under the soda caps just waiting for you to snatch them up.
“We wanted to give consumers an unrivaled experience by offering a range of valuable game enhancements that elevate their experience within the games and create brand affinity,” said Tony Jacobs, vice president of marketing, Dr Pepper. “The EA promotion gives fans an unbelievable gaming experience that they can only access through Dr Pepper.”
Here’s the official description of each game’s available DLC, as written by the Dr. of Pepper.
- Game enhancements for The Sims 3 feature theme-based bundles including Vintage Vegas, Beach Party, Celebrity and Football. Consumers will be able to download exciting new content ranging from a party top or hot boots all the way to a cool Retro car. Fans that have played The Sims over the years will recognize items inspired by previous The Sims games like the Lips Couch or Boomerang Window.
- In Spore, a dozen Cyborg-themed body parts — such as eyes, heads and arms — can be redeemed and used in the Spore Creature Creator. These parts allow players to mix robot and organic creature body parts to design their own Cyborg creatures. The exclusive Cyborg parts will be usable by all owners of the Spore PC game and anyone who downloads the free Spore Creature Creator Trial Edition from the Spore.com website.
- In Mass Effect 2 (shipping January 26th for the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system, PC), a shooter RPG from EA’s award-winning BioWareâ„¢ division, there are three unique pieces of armor: two helmets and a visor. The game was recently named by The New York Times as one of 2010’s most anticipated games.
- In Battlefield Heroes, there are four sets of unique character clothing, and consumers get a pair of outfits per download, one for each side.
- In Battlefield: Bad Company 2 four kit upgrades allow you to become a unique Special Activities soldier, with new camouflage and a modified weapon. Kit upgrades also contain new awards and an additional achievement
I love Dr. Pepper, but don’t drink that much soda. But that’s likely to change when I head out to 7-11 tonight!
Leave a Reply