comcast_logoComcast Corp., the country’s largest cable provider, and General Electric have come to an agreement on ownership of NBC Universal.

Comcast will obtain 51 percent ownership in NBCU, and GE will retail the remaining 49 percent after the company bought back a 20 percent stake owned by Vivendi valued at almost $6 billion.

For its stake, Comcast will pay $6.5 billion in cash and $7.5 billion in assets including Comcast-owned cable networks.

The deal could take over a year to finalize.

NBC Universal, which includes the broadcast and cable networks, Universal Studios, the theme parks and several local affiliates, is valued at more than $30 billion.

About The Author

John Guilfoil is the editor-in-chief of Blast: Boston's Online Magazine and the Blast Magazine Network. He can be reached at [email protected]. Tweet @johnguilfoil.

Leave a Reply