Data from research group GamePlan reveal Halo 3: ODST as the most wanted Xbox 360 title closely nudging out Modern Warfare 2 in second place.
ODST and Modern Warfare 2 are sequels in famed franchises, but unlike others on the list represent nearly a quarter of all Xbox 360 gamers.‚ Damn that’s impressive.
The next closest, Madden NFL ’10 pulls up third place with only 15% expressing intent on purchasing compared with close to 25% of Microsoft gamers planning an ODST or MW2 purchase.
Most interestingly, MW2’s intent to purchase and pre-order tallies are nearly even in comparison to a much wider discrepancy among future ODST gamers.‚ What does this mean?
Either Halo fans are lazy bums who know ODST won’t be in short supply come fall, or they’re waiting for more juicy details from the secretive Bungie Studios about the title before deciding if the investment is absolutely worth it.
GamePlan pulled their data from 1,000 gamers every week across numerous demographics from March to April 2009.
Full 20-title list below and graph at right.
1. Halo 3: ODST (Bungie Studios)
2. Modern Warfare 2 (Infinity Ward)
3. Madden NFL 10 (EA Tiburon)
4. Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix)
5. Assassin’s Creed 2 (Ubisoft Montreal)
6. BioShock 2 (2K Marin, 2K Australia)
7. Mass Effect 2 (BioWare)
8. NCAA Football 10 (EA Tiburon)
9. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Uncaged Edition) (Raven Software)
10. Fight Night Round 4 (EA Canada)
11. Need for Speed: Shift (Slightly Mad Studios)
12. Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Conviction (Ubisoft Montreal)
13. Fallout 3: Broken Steel (Bethesda Game Studios)
14. Batman: Arkham Asylum (Rocksteady Studios)
15. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Fusion (Vicarious Visions)
16. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 (EA Tiburon)
17. Tekken 6 (Namco Bandai)
18. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (EA DICE)
19. The Beatles: Rock Band (game only) (Harmonix Music Systems)
20. Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Terminal Reality)