Lighthouse Interactive released images of three of the ships from the upcoming oceanic real-time strategy game Easy India Company.
Pictured are the Cutter, the East Indiaman and the Flute.
East India Company is a PC title and is scheduled for release across North America early next year.
In the 17th century, European powers created East India companies — nations within nations that conquered cities, local towns, and villages to establish large commercial centres. In East India Company, you will assume the role of Governor Director of one of the East India Companies or other rival companies. There are eight nationalities to choose from: British, Dutch, French, Danish, Portuguese, Swedish, Italian or Spanish – with the goal of bringing new colonies and wealth, such as: tea, spices, gold, diamonds, and other precious cargo back to Europe, but you must dominate the other rival empires along the way. With mighty fleets and armies at your command, the power to choose between diplomacy or war is yours.‚ Starting modestly, you will build your fleet, establish connections to far away countries, and keep the rivalling nations at bay. Choose from an array of ship classes, types of transport, and military vessels: the Cutter, East Indiaman, Flute, Frigate, Ship of the Line or Xebec. Create different fleets and assign them to specific trading routes. Controlling well situated ports and upgrading them is one key to success.‚ Conflicts and wars are inevitable. When hostile fleets engage each other, the spectacular naval battles are fought at a real-time tactical level. Devastating broadsides are fired with a deafening roar and cannon balls tear through enemy ships and their crew. At a tactical level, you have direct command over your ship and give independent orders to each of your other fleets. Create a trading empire that will rule above all others!
- ‚ Declare war on rival empires fought at a real-time tactical level
- ‚ Command ships and fleets independently
- ‚ Wage war on the vast open sea
- ‚ Sink your rivals’ ship or board them to take control in bloody hand-to-hand combat
- ‚ Hire and manage your own crew
- ‚ Buy guns and ammo
- ‚ Repair and upgrade your ships at port
- ‚ Buy and sell goods
- ‚ Establish profitable trading routes
- ‚ Open diplomatic relations or declare war
- ‚ Negotiate tense political situations‚
- ‚ Lead the most powerful company in history
- ‚ Take over colonies and expand your empire
- ‚ Build a powerful fleet to rule the seas
- ‚ Conquer strategic ports
- ‚ Accomplish tasks ordered by your company or the Crown
Multiplayer (Internet or LAN) Features:
- ‚ Supports up to 8 simultaneous players
- ‚ Player statistics tracked on the EIC game server
- ‚ Raise your ranking by thwarting your opponents
- Head-to-head missions are a true test of strategic skill