Square Enix announced Monday that the popular Super Nintendo RPG, Chrono Trigger, would be released for Nintendo DS in North America on November 25.
Originally released in 1995, Chrono Trigger sold more than 2.5 million copies worldwide and received almost universal critical approval. It received “Best RPG” and “Best DS Game” accolades at E3 this year and looks to be one of the top portable games of the holiday season.
When a newly developed teleportation device malfunctions at the Millennial Fair, young Crono must travel through time to rescue his misfortunate companion from an intricate web of past and present perils. The swashbuckling adventure that ensues soon unveils an evil force set to destroy the world, triggering Crono’s race against time to change the course of history and bring about a brighter future.
- A masterpiece with an engaging and unparalleled storyline, leading to the discovery of multiple epic conclusions to a journey that transcends time
- An inspiring musical score created by Yasunori Mitsuda
- Intriguing battle system made possible by the unique combination of the “Active Time Battle” system and “Tech” skills
- Famed character designer Akira Toriyama lends his signature art style to create the vibrant world that has captivated gamers around the world
- Taking advantage of the Nintendo DS hardware, CHRONO TRIGGER makes its way onto the portable platform with all-new dual-screen presentation and Touch Screen functionality
- Brand-new dungeons and an Arena mode add exciting new dimensions to this timeless classic