Here is an official Lucas Arts trailer video for the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, coming out on April Fools Day for Wii, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, DS and PSP.
This first Star Wars game on the new generation of consoles takes place between Episode III and A New Hope, and promises to tell a new story, unveiling elements to the Star Wars universe not previosly seen.
As its name implies, The Force Unleashed completely re-imagines the scope and scale of the Force by taking full advantage of newly developed technologies that will be seen and experienced for the first time: Digital Molecular Matter (DMM), by Pixelux Entertainment, and euphoria by NaturalMotion Ltd. Paired with the powerful Havok Physics system, these new technologies create gameplay only possible on the new generation of consoles. DMM incorporates the physical properties of anything in the environment so that everything reacts exactly like it should – wood breaks like wood, glass shatters like glass, plants on the planet Felucia bend like plants on the planet Felucia would, and more. Meanwhile, as a revolutionary behavioral-simulation engine, euphoria enables interactive characters to move, act and even think like actual human beings, adapting their behavior on the fly and resulting in a different payoff every single time.
- Players hunt Jedi in the role of Darth Vader’s Secret Apprentice
- Unleash and upgrade the Secret Apprentice’s four core Force powers – Force push, grip, repulse and lightning – throughout the course of the game, and combine them for ultra-destructive, never-before-seen combos
- Examples of unleashing the Force in ways never thought possible:
- The Secret Apprentice won’t just Force push enemies into walls – he’ll Force push enemies through walls
- The Secret Apprentice won’t just Force grip foes to throw them aside – he’ll Force grip them in midair, zap them with lightning, then drop them to the ground to explode like a bomb
- In addition to new adversaries created just for the game, such as fugitive Jedi and Force-sensitive Felucians, players will also confront and associate with familiar faces from the Star Wars films, including Darth Vader
- Visit locations such as Episode III’s Wookiee homeworld Kashyyyk and the floral Felucia, the junk planet Raxus Prime, plus an Imperial TIE fighter construction facility
Get an insider’s look at game production and read and view how it all went down over at Lucas on the game’s official website.
Folks, this one’s gonna be big.