Lighthouse Interactive and Vertex 4 released update 1.08 for SunAge, their sci-fi real-time strategy game for PC. The new update adds several new enhancements, an auto-updater, bug fixes and above all, new multiplayer features.
Features in update 1.08:
- Re-balancing of several in-game units, an added enhancement given community feedback
- Multiplayer game lobby with chat functionalities
- Master server and improved online functionalities
- Improved firewall support and “punch through”
- Auto-updater functionality (future patches or fixes will be downloaded automatically upon startup of the game).
- Heavily reduced network traffic; rework of the network protocol, now UDP
About the game:
Earth is a desolate wasteland destroyed by the radiation and heat of the sun. Humankind, known as the Dome Confederacy, have been forced to retreat into shielded cities enduring constant attacks by the Raak-zun cult; a sect of religious outcasts who live outside the dome. An age long war has ensued as both races battle for the limited resources of the dying planet. Amidst the havoc, the gateway to a bold new planet is unlocked. Hope is on the horizon, but this Mecca is teeming with lethal Sentinel drones who will not hesitate to annihilate any life form that gets in their way.
- 3 Distinct Races – Human, Raak-zun and Sentinel – each with their own units, buildings, technological advantages and disadvantages.
- Unique Upgrades – Alternate modes can be researched for all units, unlocking dual functionality for greater tactical depth.
- Graphics – Stunning sci-fi environments from vast industrial cities and devastated wastelands, to a lush alien planet. While displaying rich graphical environments and visual effects, SunAge is very playable on lower spec PC’s and laptops.
- Tactical Landscape – All units and their alternate modes are crucial to the overall strategy. Exploit weaknesses in the enemy’s network while strengthening your own connection lines.
- Formations – Squad concept combined with long distance camera views allows a large number of units to be fighting onscreen with a clear overview of the battleground. Singleplayer – 25 campaign maps with compelling plots for each race.
- Multiplayer – LAN and Online – Classic multiplayer with focus on gathering4 different kinds of resources and outsmarting the opponent in battle. 10 maps created uniquely for multiplayer mode.
- Command Queuing – Command your units to prone, build or attack where you want them and when you want them to do so.
- Indirect Intelligent Targeting (IIT) – Order your units to focus on pre-selected targets.
For more information about SunAge visit the game’s official website.