Electronic Arts has released the box art and screenshots for the next chapter in the classic Burnout racing franchise. Burnout Paradise is out January 8 for PS3 and xbox 360.
Tear through the streets of Paradise City, filled with insane super jumps and hundreds of smashable targets, looking for shortcuts to give you that competitive edge! The action begins with you but it may not end, just pull up to a stoplight and spin your wheels to enter one of five types of high speed action challenges or jump online instantly with your friends. Burnout Paradise sets a new standard for online social gameplay with its EasyDrive online system.All the cars in Burnout Paradise have been engineered from the ground up to look beautiful, whether they’re fresh out of the showroom or smashed into scrap. From exotics and muscle cars to hot rods and even supercharged SUVs, get ready to experience spectacular bone-crushing crashes and an unparalleled sense of speed! Welcome to Paradise: one city with infinite possibilities.
- Explore Paradise — From big-surf beach, to downtown gridlock, there’s over 30 square kilometers of the ultimate driving playground to explore from the get-go. Nothing is blocked off.
- Burnout Your Way — Just pull up to over 120 stoplights and spin your wheels to start one of five different events — the classic Race, Road Rage and Burning Route, and the all-new Stunt Run and Marked Man games.
- Instant Online — Burnout Paradise sets the new standard in online social gameplay. See your friends online with the EasyDrive Friends List and connect with them instantly without having to wait or exit your game.
- Team up or Takedown — Join forces with up to seven of your buddies to beat hundreds of online FreeBurn Challenges together or heat up the competition and go head-to-head in user created race routes.
- Road Rules — Make and break the rules of each road by setting speed and destruction records all over town. Track how many you own against your friends!
- Mugshots — Track the length and breadth of up to 2,500 online rivalries. In your moments of victory, grab mugshots of opponents who have connected Playstation Eye and Xbox Live Vision cameras. Gloat over them even more in your trophy room or export them for ultimate bragging rights!
- Speed, Speed and Even More Speed — The rebuilt, race-tuned Burnout game engine delivers intense speed boost gameplay at a super-smooth and super-fast 60 frames-per-second.
- Showtime: Crash Anywhere, Any Time — Feel like bringing chaos to the streets of Paradise? Set your car wrecking, spinning and scraping down the road, smashing through traffic and leaving a trail of expensive wreckage in your wake.
- Crash Deformation — Burnout Paradise features an all-new deformation technology that gives players an astounding close-up and slow-motion view of super-real destruction.
- Cars — Muscle cars, exotics, hot rods and even supercharged SUVs, engineered to look beautiful whether they’re brand new or mashed into scrap. Choose from stunt, speed or aggression car classes, each built with their own unique boost ability to give you the upper hand for specific challenges. Shut down roaming rivals and rack up wins on your licence to strut the streets in a wide selection of unique rides.
- Take it Aerial — Go airborne and pull boost-earning barrel rolls and spectacular mid-air spins. Find the hidden jumps to reach secret rooftop routes and 120 smashable Burnout Billboards.
- Driver’s License — Start with a Learner’s Permit then rack up wins to progress all the way up to a Burnout Elite Driver’s License — the ultimate accolade for any safety-unconscious motorist.
This stunning looking racer will be available for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.