Sony released expansion fans for EverQuest Secrets of Faydwer and EverQuest: II Rise of Kunark today. Complete retail boxes with all expansion packs will hit stores and digital download for $39.99.
“Launching dual expansions of this magnitude for two major MMOs on the same day is a Herculean feat,” said Russ Shanks, COO and vice president of Sony Online Entertainment. “It took a full year, dedicated development teams and the experienced infrastructure of SOE to be able to support these simultaneous launches. We’re extremely proud of the breadth of the new adventures these two games offer and we’re also grateful for the support from our beta testers and loyal community for their input on the final products.”
EverQuest II Rise of Kunark Features:
- All-New Player Race — Start up a brand new Sarnak — the classic dragon-like humanoid creature that now inhabits Timorous Deep. Exiled from your homeland and magically altered, discover how your new breed came to be, and eventually return home to help your race triumph over the evil Iksar.
- New Starting Area — Begin your adventure from the new starting area in the islands of Timorous Deep. Conclude your day of questing and retire to new housing within the Village of Gorowyn.
- Level Cap Raised — Continue your adventures with your existing character in Kunark, expanding on your achievements as Adventure andTradeskill levels all increase to 80. Achievement points cap raised from 100 to 140.
- More Unique Zones — Advance your way through new, massive regions, containing many zones filled with nostalgia and danger, such as The Emerald Jungle, Skyfire Mountains, Sebilis, and Karnor’s Castle.
- Hundreds of New Quests — The tale of Kunark is told through hundreds of new quests, aimed at gameplay of all types: solo, group, and raid.
- More Weapons & Armor — New quests for all 24 classes. Battle through the opposition and acquire additional fabled and legendary armor sets.
- New Mount — Explore the world on the shoulders of a new rampaging beast — The Kunarkian Rhinoceros.
- Dozens of New NPCs — Encounter and engage a wide variety of new enemies that inhabit the menacing lands of Kunark.
- Improved Features — New and improved racial abilities for all of the original races, new tradeskill interface and new in-game map capabilities.
EverQuest Secrets of Faydwer Features:
- Level Cap Increase — Players can now achieve level 80.
- New High Level Content — Over 3,000 new item sets, more than 300 new spells and 30 new NPCs. In addition, prepare for the return of some of the best known NPC’s in the EverQuest franchise!
- 15 New Zones — New realms for adventurers to explore, including: Meldrath’s mechanical fortress Mechanotus, the new lands of the Loping Plains and Kerafyrm’s lair Crystallos.
- Thrilling New Adventure Content — Travel through Faydwer solo or with a group to complete over 100 new challenges, including 28 high-end raids.
- Alternate Advancement Ability Lines — 170 Alternate Advancement Abilities with various ranks.
- Amazing Heroic Items — Increase stats above current caps!