Sierra announced today that anticipated space combat game Battlestar Galactica will hit stores Oct. 23 and come to Xbox Live Arcade on Oct. 24.
“Leading up to the launch of the game, fans of the series can also watch Razor Flashbacks on www.scifi.com/battlestar that will whet their appetites for the upcoming SCI FI Channel special two-hour Battlestar Galactica episode: Razor. Razor, which will serve as a backdrop for the events of season four of Battlestar Galactica,” the company said in a statement today.
- Single-Player Campaign — Pilot various ships and complete 10 memorable missions from the TV series.
- Multiplayer Game Mode — Play online in this relentless space-based action shooter in Domination, Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch modes. (8 players on Xbox LIVE Arcade and 16 players on Windows PC)
- Legendary Spaceships — Fly 4 Human and 4 Cylon ships from the Viper II to the Cylon Raider, each with unique weapon capabilities.
- Special Weapons — Coordinate attacks with an arsenal of destructive weapons including the missiles, guns and more.
- Defensive Maneuvers — Avoid annihilation with the barrel roll, flip turn and other aerial moves.
The game is rated E-10+ and will be available for $19.99. The Xbox Live Arcade version of the game will cost 800 Microsoft points.