Columbia Records will release a greatest hits collection from hip-hop icon Nas November 6.
“A career-spanning retrospective which also serves as an ideal introduction to Nas’ most unforgettable tracks, Greatest Hits reprises 12 essential cuts culled from the artist’s monumental Columbia Records catalog,” Columbia said in a statement.
The album will feature songs from 1994’s Illmatic, through 2004’s Street Disciple, as well as two new songs: “Surviving The Times” and “Less Than An Hour,” featuring Cee- Lo, new theme music created for the soundtrack for “Rush Hour 3,” Columbia said.
“Nas continues to be one of hip-hop’s most potent, provocative, and abiding forces with a string of chart-topping gold and platinum successes to his credit,” the company said.
Nas has sold more than 20 million albums, singles and digital tracks worldwide since 1994.
- Surviving The Times (newly recorded)
- Less than an Hour (Theme from Rush Hour 3) (newly recorded)
- It Ain’t Hard to Tell (from Illmatic)
- Life’s A Bitch (from Illmatic)
- N.Y. State of Mind (from Illmatic)
- One Love (from Illmatic)
- If I Ruled the World (Imagine That)
- Street Dreams (Remix) Feat. R. Kelly (original from It Was Written;
remix from 2002’s From Illmatic to Stillmatic: The Remixes EP)
- Hate Me Now Feat. Puff Daddy (from I Am … The Autobiography)
- One Mic (from Stillmatic)
- Got Ur Self A … (from Stillmatic)
- Made You Look (from God’s Son)
- I Can (from God’s Son)
- Bridging the Gap Feat. Olu Dara (from Street’s Disciple)