The official demo for Avencast: Rise of the Mage was released today in anticipation of the forthcoming Windows RPG release coming at the end of the month on PC DVD.
“Avencast combines role-playing with a fluid combat system found in beat-em-up games, which is unique to the RPG genre,” publisher Lighthouse Interactive and developer ClockStone Software, said jointly in a statement.
Avencast is Windows Vista compatible and has now gone gold. Michael Schiestl, CEO of ClockStone Software said, “Players will now have the chance to play the demo and experience first hand some of the exciting features in Avencast — intense, action-packed combat sequences, and mighty spells that are graphically stunning.”
Avencast features indoor and outdoor locations and more than 20 unlockable spells to unlock.
“This is just a taste of what Avencast has to offer,” Schiestl siad. “We hope players will enjoy challenging the malicious foes from the world of Avencast!”
Both companies are hopeful that the game will bring success.
“ClockStone created a unique and fluid combat system for Avencast that stands out and differs from other action RPGs,” said Erik Schreuder, CEO of Lighthouse Interactive. “The demo focuses on the combat system and spell casting.”
The demo features a tutorial, so players can learn the game before diving into it, as well as about 1.5 hours of gameplay, featuring spells, items and battles.
As the sun rises over Avencast, the renowned academy of magic; a young adept begins his perilous journey. In a world of wizardry, wonder and untold mystery, you must undertake some of the most diverse quests to hone your abilities in spell casting, weaponry and melee combat. Your martial skills are soon put to the test as demonic monsters of unknown ancient origin descend upon Avencast turning the academy into a horrific state of chaos and destruction.Armed with over 50 combat moves and spells, and a vast arsenal of equipment items, you must uncover the source of these ominous happenings while vanquishing an onslaught of fiendish enemies. Treachery and deceit reveal themselves as the vicious army of adversaries beleaguers your frail haven threatening Avencast’s very existence. Amidst the mayhem, an astonishing truth unfolds which will forever change the battle scarred Wizard. Avencast: Rise of the Mage is accessible to novice RPG game players, but it will also challenge core RPG and Action fans. Both combat and non-combat interactions create a perfect balance between brains and brawn. By requiring players to bring their own combat and strategic skills to the forefront, they will have the excitement of crafting a powerful character unleashing their hero’s potential.
- Cast Lethal Spells from Different Skill Trees – Surrounded by vicious foes, unleash a mighty soul magic spell. The pure agglomeration of energy alone produces a warp in the surrounding atmosphere before the catastrophic nova demolishes your enemies. Blood Magic (elementally charged blows with varying speeds, ranges, and damage properties) and Soul Magic (covers all kinds of ranged magic spells allowing better area control) – both allow players to summon reinforcements during combat.
- Perilous Quests – While brawn and agility will win most battles, acumen and strategic thinking are necessary to survive challenging quests.
- Fluid Combat System – Chain together spells and easily execute lethal attacks using an innovative system that favors skillful gameplay over dull mouse clicking. Unleash your hero’s potential as you bring your own player skills to each intense battle.
- Strong Player Personification and Character Development – Acquire new equipment, armor, weapons and spell casting skills to craft a powerful character.
- Over 30 Nightmarish Monsters with Advanced AI – Each with versatile combat strategies, attacks, and defensive moves dependant upon the player’s behavior and attack strategy.
- State-of-the-art 3D Engine – Stunning graphics enhanced with advanced visual effects make for an impressive display of devastating spell casting.
- Many Hours of Exciting Gameplay – Set in diverse worlds with both indoor and outdoor environments to explore.
- Attractive to a Broad Range of Players – An Action RPG at its core, but dynamic gameplay and adventure-like quests make Avencast attractive to a broad range of game players.
Download the Avencast demo here! (309 MB)