Electric bikes are the new way to commute which gives you the fun of riding a bike plus the added power for those who may have a longer commute, live in a hilly area or are worried about their fitness levels. Electric bikes really are for everyone – young and old alike.
With its eco-friendly and health-improving attributes, electric biking might just be in the early stages of a full-blown renaissance. The electric bicycle has been called the forerunner in the electrification of alternative transport.
The global market for electric bikes has taken off over the last decade. Leading the charge is China where there are four electric bikes for every car on the road. Electric Bikes are quickly becoming popular in Western countries as well. The growth of the electric bike has also found its way into Europe. Last year, in The Netherlands nearly one-third of the money spent on bicycles went to purchasing electric bikes.
Growth in United States has been much slower with only 250,000 sales last year, but the interest is definitely on the rise.
With burgeoning markets across the world, the electric bicycle has turned into an US$11 billion industry.
The reasons that electric bicycles are becoming so popular is mainly due to their superior advantage over other alternative modes of transport like public transport, walking and regular bikes
Here are the top 22 reasons to get an electric bike:
1. Eco-Friendly – zero carbon emissions
2. Cheaper than a car
3. Faster than a regular bike
4. Less sweat than a regular bike
5. Good workout
6. No more traffic congestions
7. No more parking tickets
8. Save on insurance and registration
9. You don’t need a license
10. Its great for hilly commutes
11. It’s a no sweat commute to work
12. They are fun to ride
13. Great for older people who have lower fitness levels
14. Help reduce greenhouse gas emissions
15. Fold it up and take it anywhere
16. Get Back in Shape!
17. They are predicted to be the top 10 gadgets
18. Leonardo DiCaprio is riding one!
19. Miss Universe rides an electric bike!
20. Go for the scenic tour
21. Great for weekend leisure
22. Plenty of Storage Space for shopping and errands
The US could potentially save up to 500 million gallons of gasoline per year just by increasing cycling trips by 0.5%! Not to mention the Eco-Friendly benefits, cost savings and a reduction in traffic congestion and avoiding irregular public transport. All of these positive tips about electric bikes are helping electric bikes to storm the transportation world, reduce emissions along the way and create a more sustainable transport model for our cities.
REEF Bikes is an Australian owned electric bike company providing quality electric bicycles to suit your lifestyle.