BioShock Infinite is getting two special editions that come with plenty of awesome goodies and collectibles including what Kevin Levine refers to as “the coolest statue in the world”.
“Imagine you get to work with Robb Waters, the concept artist who visualized the cover of System Shock. The Trickster in Thief. Man-Bot in Freedom Force. BioShock’s Little Sisters. Sander Cohen. And BioShock Infinite’s Songbird.
Now imagine you can get him to personally conceive and oversee the production of the coolest statue in the world.
Then imagine we put that huge sucker in a period-style box, with custom artwork by Robb and Irrational concept artist Jorge Lacera. And that box went IN the collector’s edition box so you could leave that guy unpunched in his original packaging while you tear happily into the rest of the goodies.”
The 9.5″ statue looks like this:
Neat, huh? The Ultimate Songbird Editions retails for $149.99, but if you’d rather go for the least expensive approach and still get some stuff aside from the game, then the Premium Edition for $79.99 is for you. Of course you won’t get the statue, but you will get the following:
- A 3-inch baby version keychain of the sold-out Murder of Crows vigor bottle replica.
- A 5 x 7-inch lithograph by Jorge Lacera.
- A 25 millimeter, resin-cast Handyman miniature from the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game by Plaid Hat Games, makers of Summoner Wars.
- A mini art book, full of BioShock Infinite concept art and commentary, with a hand-distressed cover.
- Various digital goodies: exclusive in-game gear, a digital soundtrack, and platform specific downloadable content (Avatars for Xbox LIVE, and Themes for PC and PlayStation 3).
Pre-orders for BioShock Infinite start October 22.