NEW YORK — Twelve residents had to be evacuated after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected in a Bronx apartment building, according to CBS New York.
Almost 100 residents were evacuated into freezing temperatures from the five-story building located on Valentine Avenue in the Fordham section around 5 a.m. They were put on city busesto keep warm.
The 12 residents were taken to Jacobi Medical Center as a precaution after complaining about feeling nauseous.
According to ABC Local, carbon monoxide levels exceeding 300 parts per million seeped through the structure.
The carbon monoxide may have come from a store attached to the apartment building. The levels dropped after building’s windows were opened.